Tabletop Horse Racing Simulation
Last update: 18. June 2022
How to play
- You just need a piece of paper, a pen and 2 standard dices (d6).
- And you need some Horses, Tracks, the Weather conditions, the Break table and the main Run table.
- To track the progress and results of each horse, write down this kind of Scorecard on the paper.
- To define the winner after the run, we will also use the Time result table and that's it.
- For the tutorial take a look at the Example race, which provides a full step by step run and answers all open questions.
- It's a very simple game and easy to understand.
About the idea
- I don't like real horse races. They are wrong and not okay and abuse animals for personal fun and joy (and money).
- So I don't support them and in my personal opinion they should be banned... but I have to be honest too: I watched some old horse races from the 70s, 80s and 90s on TV & video and they are really spectacular, exciting and impressive.
- You can see and feel the power and speed (Youtube: Example 1 or Example 2 (helmet camera)), so somehow it's visually great and interesting.
- But still... horses fall down, have strokes, get injured, break their legs and sometimes will be "destroyed" and so on. I don't want to support that or push this kind of "sport".
- So instead I created my own, simple pen & paper dice horse race game, which provides the possibility to have the same joy, but the action happens in your head and no real horses are abused.
- The game is in the early stage and I plan some additional values and improvements, but feel free to play it already or adjust it to your needs.
News & more information
Bearbeiten · Historie · Letzte Änderungen
· Text: Emanuel Sprosec Ⓒ 2022